Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mountain-woman [Day #2]

"Take me home, country roads. To the place I belong...."
1. Women's rights! Sorry for the feminism, but I was inspired after learning about Robert Louis Stevenson's response to Charlotte Brontë's poetry. He said, "It was enlightening, but not very becoming for a woman." So thankful I can express my creativity and that it is accepted by society!
2. Mountains. Next year is going to be very lonely when there are no mountains or curvy roads to keep me company. The Classic City is as flat as a pancake. So happy to be a mountain-woman.
3. BOOKS! We talked about Wuthering Heights in class today and I think I almost started drooling because I was so entranced. I have The Great Gatsby and A Streetcar Named Desire waiting for me at home, too!
4. Handbells. It's Wednesday so that means it's time for handbells! Playing handbells is literally one of the hardest things I've ever done, but I'm grateful for the challenge and the good friends.
5. TEAMeffort.. I got to visit the lovely ladies (and dudes) of TE today. I like going home in the afternoons, but I seriously miss seeing all these people on a daily basis! So happy that I get to recruit for them next week!

Blessed beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment